Friday, January 30, 2009

In Loving Memory
You are forever in our hearts


Guy Thomas Willmon
September 15, 1978
January 9, 2009
Beloved son & brother
My darling son, I love you more than words can say.
Your are the light that fills my heart.
You are my pride and joy.
May you find peace.
May spirit support you.
May your spirit soar.
My son, Guy was killed on Jan. 9 in a work related accident.
I hurt more than I ever thought was possible.
This is my worst fear come to life. Everything else seems so trival now.
He was a happy, healthy 30 year old with a lifetime of hopes and dreams to look forward to. Guy was cheated out of those hopes and dreams. And the ones of us who love him were robbed. We will never again hear his voice, see his smile, or hear his laugh, or feel his touch.
The opening song at his memorial service was the original theme song from The Dukes of Hazzard (the original series) by Waylon Jennings. Guy would have liked that. I can see him saying "Hell, Yeah!"

9 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Sabrina, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Whitney said...

Sabrina- Just want you to know that I am praying for you daily. My heart aches for you and I wish that I could just wrap you up in a big hug and take all the pain away. You are so brave and strong. Hugs, Whitney

tina said...

so handsome, so loveing...you can see that...there will be many hard days ahead...and you wonder how you get through it...but YOU WILL...and there will not be a day go by that you don't think of him...but that's ok...a friend of mine once told me grief is a gift...if you didn't love so greatly, it wouldn't hurt so bad...we're with ya gal! love, tina

Made by Melissa said...

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Your son looks like he was a handsome man. I am the same age as your son, and it hurts my heart to see young people die at the prime of life.

~Melissa
(from Crochet Lovers Holiday Swap Group)

sissie said...

oh lord Sabrina, I am so very sorry to hear this! I lost my brother at the age of 30 and I can still hear his laugh to this day! He loved that song also:)
you are in my prayers dear and if there is anything I can do please let me know!!
I am here and have big shoulders!

Hugs,
sissie

Crissie Marine said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Summerysmile said...

What a terrible thing to face. I am very sorry for you loss. Every mother's worst night-mare. I pray for strength and comfort for you and your family. God Bless ~

Keri said...

Sabrina - I just found your blog today. I read the tribute to your son, and was filled with such sadness. My prayers are with you at this very difficult time.

Unknown said...

My prayers and thoughts are for you and your family. I can not imagine the pain but do know that God will take care of us if we let him.