Monday, January 15, 2007

A Year of Simple Things

I saw this on the internet, in someone's blog and thought I would give it a go. My silent vow to myself for this year was to distance myself from the things that stress me, and so far I don't seem to be doing too well on that.

Anyway I came across the Year of Simple Things idea and figure perhaps it might help in some way, even if only in s small way, it would be something. I vow to post more often and make an attempt to find the simple things or simple pleasures in each day.


So for today my simple thing that I am grateful for and find pleasure in is my dog, Jasmine. Here's a picture of her in her favorite spot.



As far as my crochet goes, well, I have made some squares for some exchanges that I am in, a couple of scrunchies, a potholder, and I am working on a Seraphina Shawl. I thought I was making progress, but I was wrong. I discovered a mistake and now have to frog it back about 8 to 10 rows and start over from there. I feel as if I am never going to get that blasted shawl completed. I was hihgly frustrated and put it away for the moment. I just need to step back, take a deep breath, and then after some time away from it start work on it again.

No comments: