Saturday, February 24, 2007

My First knitted Dishcloth

I finally accomplished my first knitted dishcloth. It is finished! WOOHOO!



I really had a struggle trying to remember how to knit and even then just doing it, but after the beginner knitting class I took and a little bit of help from "Stitch N Bitch: the Knitter's Handbook" everything is coming together very nicely. I also have the knitted scarf that I made in the class that is still on the needles. LOL! Yeah, I'm bad. I guess the thing is I am just not too excited about the scarf and I have no idea what I am going todo with it. Now I love the yarn I picked for it. It's colorful and I love color. But I live in Texas, it rarely gets cold enough to use a scarf, but anyway, since it was the absolute first thing that I have knitted in 30+ years I suppose I will keep it. Of course there is always the possibility of it going to one of the grandbabies should the Navy send my son-in-law to a colder climate.

On the crochet front, I have been working on a rectangular granny afghan. And I finally finished and cmailed off the last of the Squares for Swap 78, that I was participating in. Now I am waiting patiently for the March swaps to begin.
I am participating in a Secret Pal Swap at Crochetville. This is the first secret pal swap I have done and I think it is really going to be fun.

Next weekend my African violet club is having their annual show and sale so I will be all wrapped in the excitement of that.

I am really looking forward to Spring. I am not a Winter person. Spring and Autumn are my favorite times of the year.



1 comment:

Sônia Maria said...

Hi!
Oohhh that is a great idea!!!
My name is Sônia .
I am from Brazil.
Your blog is very much beautiful.
Hugs.
Have a nice day,
Sônia Maria
www.falandodecrochet.blogspot.com
www.bijouxdasonia.blogspot.com