Saturday, February 10, 2007

Seraphina Shawl - Finished At last!


WOOHOO! I finally completed my first Seraphina Shawl. I used Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels yarn in Rose Quartz and I very pleased with the yarn and the way that the shawl turned out.


On the crochet home front I have crocehted a couple of scrunchies and some granny squares for an exchange I am in. One of these days I will remember to take pictures of the things I make for exchanges. It seems I always think about that after I mail off the exchange item.

I took a beginner knitting class last month and it brought back a lot of what I once knew about knitting, but there is still a lot that I don't know or remember. So it is one step at a time. I used bamboo needles for the first time ever and they are wonderful. I love them! At this point I can't see myself using anything except bamboo needles. The class project was a scarf in garter stitch. I can see why that would be a good project for a beginner, but I wasn't overly thrilled with making a scarf. Hey, I live in Texas, it doesn't often get cold enough here to need to bundle up with a scarf and all that other garb that is needed in colder climates. So I have this scarf, but don't know what to do with it. Mostly likely will give it away. I just don't feel that I have a need for it.

My simple thing for today would have to be the day itself meaning it's Saturday. No work pressure, no appointments or schedules to adhere to, just a day to relax and do the things that I want to do. Hey, it can't get any better than that!.

Actually I plan on spending some time today tending to my violets and other plants, then organizing my yarn stash where I can find things. Then this evening I will most likely work on either squares for the exchange or the Pentacle Shawl that I am frogged back severely and am re-doing.

Happy Crocheting, Knitting or AVing to all!



1 comment:

Erika said...

What a beautiful shawl. I have used YB Icelandic Jewels for a scarf once, but I never thought of using it for a seraphina shawl. Thanks for the inspiration.